What is a Solar Fencing System?
Fieldmaster solar power fencing is the modern day’s alternative to the conventional type of perimeter protection. These are active fences and punish the unwelcome intruder the moment they touches the fence or try to tamper the fence. The conventional types of fences are only passive fences and cannot resist the intruder if they try to forcibly intrude into the protected area. The Solar fencing gives a sharp, short, painful, but regulated, safe electric shock and creates psychological fear. Against any tampering the alarm incorporated in the system gets activated and alerts the inmates of the protected area, which facilitates them to counter the unwelcome intruders.
The solar fencing is scientific fence and works on Solar Energy with backup facility to run uninterruptedly during the nights as well as cloudy days. The whole system can be derived into two segments, one is the Central Control Unit with Fence Energizer and the other one is the Fence.
The solar photovoltaic module converts the sunshine into electrical energy and sends them to the Fence Energizer unit through a backup battery. The Fence Energizer unit takes 12V supply as input and energizes the same into high volt pulses in the range of about 8.5KV to 9.9KV. These pulses will travel through the fencing wires at regular interval of 1.3 second and the duration of each pulse will be 0.03 seconds.
The fence part is a scientific type of layout in which multi strands at 100MM gap will run through the insulators, which are pre-welded and pre-fabricated to galvanized MS poles. The height of the fence above the ground/compound wall will be as per the requirement of site conditions. The posts are arranged at 3 meters gap with perfect supporting to the corner poles. Proper earthing in the mode of Super-Earth-Kit™ which is a composite mixture of different minerals helps the fence to have a perfect earthing system as solar fencing requires good earthing for effective working.
There is a provision for restricting the intrusion through the gate as well as over the gate. The spring loaded barricades arranged to the gate will electrify the gate and activates the alarm when somebody tries to open the gate forcibly. Pulses travels through the springs arranged on the gate and give the shock to the trespassers/intruder.
Advantages Of Electric security Fencing
• Round the clock Vigilance – 24/7 *365 days
• Provides an ACTIVE DETERRENT to the would be intruder
• Intruder gets a very sharp, short and painful but non-fatal / safe shock
• Unauthorized Access to property is denied
• Zero Downtime – Works on SOLAR POWER
• Customized design, quality and rugged construction
• Trouble – free User friendly system, minimal maintenance
• System reliability ensures virtually NO FALSE ALARMS
• Is unaffected by sun, wind, rain, snow, sleet, fog, birds or wild animals
• Reduces Insurance, security and management costs, cost effective operation – short back period
How a Solar Fencing Works?
When properly designed and installed, solar power fencing is the least expensive, safest, and most secure method for securing properties and lives when compared to walls, other types of fences, human guards, and watchdogs. The fence does NOT sleep. The fence CANNOT be bribed. The fence does NOT require food or water. Well-designed solar power fencing has more deterrence value than a guard with a sawed off shotgun or a snarling pit bull.
If you have security guards, you can pay for and justify the fence by reducing at least half of your guard force and still maintain a much higher security level. The remaining guards can respond quickly before an intruder even enters onto the property. You will find that a solar electric fence is the best security investment that you have ever made.
Solar power fencing is designed to keep out predators, thieves, trespassers, vandals and disease. If you also employ security guards, they will complement the security that is provided by a well-designed high voltage solar electric fence.
A solar power fencing design to keep livestock penned in (or out) is no different. A simple wire or tape around the pasture or livestock enclosure is only done for a temporary enclosure. A more permanent enclosure requires the same design considerations as you would for security. Security for your expensive livestock should be a prime consideration.
Solar power fencing is designed to protect property, livestock, production, manufacturing, and lives. Every situation is different, but there are also some considerations that are the same, no matter who, what, or where. The components of the system shall be installed and mounted inside a metallic enclosure and very near to the fence and LOCKED out of reach from unauthorized people.
We recommend that you check your fence at least once a week. Plant foliage or branches or fronds lying across the fence wire might not reduce the voltage on the meter when dry, but foliage becomes a conductor when wet and might easily short out your system completely reducing the fence voltage to almost zero
Advantages of Solar Fencing
- The system will be a Non-Lethal solar powered perimeter security system.
- The system will operate as a Psychological and Physical Barrier.
- The system will alert any kind of intrusion through an audio alarm system that can be in the vicinity of more than 500 meters, within a second.
- The solar power fencing system will produce a high voltage at an energy output of 2.5 Joules, which will act as an active deterrent, a physical barrier and a reliable detection system.
- The solar power fencing system produces a high voltage in the range of 8.0 KV to 9.9 KV (Non-Load) to DETER, DETECT and DENY physical intrusion by giving the intruder a SHORT, SHARP, PAINFUL, but Regulated, SAFE Electric SHOCK.
- The Energizer (Agsun01/ Agsun02/ Agsun03) will be able to check the fence around 50 to 52 times a minute and the instant the pulsated wires are cut or tampered, a built-in-alarm will immediately alert the monitoring personnel and the security authorities, along with the zone of attempted break-in (optional).
- External alarm will be activated within a second. As a precautionary means an internal alarm is provided as a substitute in case of failure of external alarm.
- The Lead-Acid-Battery (Reputed Make) along with electronic system will be concealed in a metal box. A live light fixed on the fence will indicate the activeness of the fencing system.
- Our own Solar Photovoltaic Module will be supplied, which can generate the required power to charge the Lead-Acid-Battery. In general the battery backup provided will be for 120 hours.
Microprocessor Technology: An advantage of Microprocessor is that these are general purpose electronic processing devices which can be programmed to execute a number of tasks. These are used in personal computers as well as a number of other embedded products. There are no disadvantages as such but when compared to Fixed Logic Devices/Analog Technology or certain ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits), there is a need to program Microprocessor and write software/firmware when used in embedded applications
- No signal losses due to DA and AD conversion.
- Geometry, clock and phase settings unnecessary, therefore simple to use.
- Lower costs as less electronic circuitry required.
Adaptive: The technology enables the system to adapt automatically to changing environmental conditions and changing conditions on the site. The adaptive threshold is not constant, changing according to site conditions such as changes in moisture levels, dust etc., in order to maintain the highest alarm threshold.
Programmable:The system can be pre-programmed to meet specific requirements. Any changes required are undertaken by changing the parameters of the microprocessor.
Low False Alarm Rate:Negligible, due to the adaptive threshold technology. The units respond to changing site conditions.
Less Maintenance: The adaptive threshold capability reduces the amount of periodic maintenance required on the fence.
Replacement Warranty:We provide 10 years warranty on Solar Photovoltaic Modules and 2.59MM ACSR wire used for the fence construction and 3 years Replacement Warranty on our electronic units.
Analog Technology: The disadvantages associate with Analog Technology include:
- Clock and phase of the TFTs must be synchronized with the analog signal to avoid pixel jitter, which is a relatively complex issue.
- Cables sensitive to external influences.
- High cost of signal conversion inside the display.
- Upgrade to digital interface not possible.
Fixed Parameters: The operating parameters are preset, and can only be changed manually. There is no response to any changes in the conditions existing on site, resulting in a high false alarm rate. The system has to be set at the lowest alarm threshold or the settings of lowest sensitivity in order to prevent continuous false alarms.
Fixed Settings:The system has a limited number of settings, changes to which require physical changes to the electronic printed circuit boards.
High False Alarm Rate: False alarms occur as a result of the unit being unable to respond to changing site conditions.
More Maintenance:The fence will react immediately to any nuisance alarms caused by factors such as vegetation overgrowth, resulting in immediate maintenance procedure.
Service Warranty: All others provide maximum 1 year service warranty only, they couldn’t provide replacement warranty.